Candy and the Cankersaur by Jason Sandberg

Tuesday, August 13, 2013


Synopsis from http://www.jasonsandberg.com/ebooks.htm

This is a sweet and funny tale of a young girl named Candy and her Cankersaurus Rex! Candy receives a dinosaur as a gift and is determined to train him to be a good pet. This playful homage to Syd Hoff will make all dinosaur crazy boys and girls happy! 

My Review : 

Before I start off with my review, I just wanted to extend my thanks to author Jason Sandberg for approaching me in the first place. I never reviewed any children's books before and I just thought, why not? Since being adventurous to me meant trying out new genres, I thought of giving it a shot! It was definitely different, but entertaining nonetheless!

Putting myself in the shoes of a young girl, Candy was refreshing and nostalgic! It reminded me of my younger days where all I have to worry about is how to face the bully in my school, much like Candy who has to face her jealous and competitive neighbor. Quote " I'm a Fine Artist who also wants to produce the "missing books" from my childhood, the books I wished I'd had", well said there Mr. Sandberg, there's just something about Candy and her Cankersaur that brought me back in time.

I thought the moral lesson was well delivered in the story, definitely recommended for parents who are looking for a good bedtime story and to the kids who has great imagination!

Words from the author : 

"When I create a picture book I aim to make something that everyone can get a kick out of. I try to slip in things to make adults/parents laugh. Beginning readers often get attached to certain books and want them read over and over and over... I view quality as the ability of a book to hold up under multiple reads!"

As a bedtime story Picture book it's aimed for children ages 3-6.
As a read-alone Picture Book it's appropriate for children ages 6-9.

Reviewed by,




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi………….
    Thanks for Your great information , I like it !!!!

    Is any one give info releted to cosmetic surgery Burun estetiği ??

    Hello all Dr.Yakupavsar one of best Op.Dr in cosmetic surgery. His company name Yakup Avsar. the very famous compnay releted to plastic surgery & cosmetic surgery etc..... One best think this person is doing most of the turkey Actor and actress plastic surgery and nose surgery and cosmetic surgery .

    you must take advice form him related to this matter. for the better know you contact this address www.yakupavsar.com
    Mardin Ebulula Street Violet Street Number: 1
    Akatlar / Istanbul (Bjk College Behind) pin-304080
    Burun estetigi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love reading them! :D

Blogger Commenting Back

Bloggers Commenting Back

Friendly Blogs

Tour Host