Secondary Character Saturday #2

by - Saturday, May 12, 2012



This is a weekly meme created by Hannah from In The Best worlds where secondary characters finally have a chance to stand in the spotlight and have their voices heard. 


Hannah : I've started a new weekly meme here and I'd love for you to join me. Saturdays are now dedicated to honor the characters that don't always get their voices heard, who support (or work to destroy) our beloved protagonists. This is for the third wheel in the love triangle (can you have wheels on a triangle?), for the BFFs, the family members, or even just the kind and loving (or deceitful and creepy) stranger who shows up and changes the game. We all know these stories wouldn't hold up without support so I'd like to take the time to highlight the best secondary characters I come across. This is an opportunity to talk about what makes these characters special, maybe to speculate what their world would be like without them, or maybe cast them in their own primary roles. If you'd like to create a SCS post leave your link in the comments and I'll check it out!

Today it's all about

Aphrodite - House of Night


Although she might not appear as much as Zoey did in the series, she is as much of a main character to me. Aphrodite might come across as a b*tch most of the time, and I admit I wanted to smack her in Marked, but she grew on me on the second book and has been my favorite character in the series. For one reason, she doesn't take people's crap.

She contributed a lot to the dilemma that Zoey faced, despite the fact that she was stripped off her High Priestess title, lost her boyfriend Erik, lost her marks and even became something she truly hate in the process of helping Zoey. I think she deserved a bit more from her friends, and a little bit more recognition on what she has done.

 I loved Darius because he saw Aphrodite for the person she really is. Behind her hard shell, she is this one vulnerable girl who needed someone to notice her, and Darius did just that. That is why, my favorite relationship in the story, besides Rephaim and Stevie Rae, is Darius and Aphrodite.

I wish they will have their own series, one that I would surely read!

Posted by,

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Oh Aphrodite...haha. It's been years since I've read any of these books, and I think I stopped after six, or seven? I don't even know how many there are anymore. But Aphrodite is defintely a character. She's kind of the Anya (from Buffy) of the group and I love her for that =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I really also liked Aphrodite - she was honest and althought she acted like a bitch, she had a heart and mind. I think she's a more interesting character than Zoey. :)

    And Nat, by the way - you've got an award :)
    http://martinabookaholic.wordpress.com/2012/07/15/award-the-booker-award/
    greetings Tina

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Wishing you a dreamy day!