Second Chance Boyfriend (One Week Girlfriend #2) by Monica Murphy

by - Friday, January 02, 2015


           

**WARNING: Recommended for ages 17+ due to sexual content and language, mature subject matter**

Lost. That one single word best describes my life at this very moment. I lost the last games of the season and both my team and my coach blame me. I lost the last two months because I drowned in my own despair like a complete loser. And I lost the only girl who ever mattered because I was afraid being with me would destroy her.

But now I realize how truly lost I am without her. She has become my story…and even though she acts like she’s moved on, I know she still thinks about me just as much as I think about her. She’s beautiful, sweet—and so damn vulnerable, all I want to do is help her. Be there for her.

Love her…

If only I could convince Fable to give me a second chance. Then I wouldn’t feel so lost anymore, and neither would she. We could be found together.

Forever.


When I was about to type a review on goodreads, I stared blankly at the reviewing section that stated "What do you think?" and in that instant, I frowned and my mind failed to form any words. It was not about what do I think, it was more about what do I feel, and I know that once again I came out of Fable and Drew's life, barely surviving. 




I just could not wrap my head around them!

If there is one trait that I love best about Fable and Drew, it is their no-bullshit-just-cut-straight-to-the point personality, no beating around the bushes, no elaborated and dramatic scenes, things happen just as it is without any rolling-your-eyes kind of drama, which is what made this series so unique! 

The author uses dual perspectives when it comes to narrating the story and it made me connects to the characters much more intimately. This is absolutely one of the best sequel I have ever read! After the first book, I could not even type out a review because I was on an emotional shipwreck (I am not giving away any spoilers but - it did not end so well - ), but as second chances goes, I was very satisfied with the ending. If you truly love someone, forgiving is effortless, and redemption is done willingly. Fable and Drew made me believed in fairy tales, that true love still exists and only together, it is a fearful force to be reckoned with. 

"Loving someone is taking a constant risk with your emotions. When you find the right person,the one you know you want to be with, that person becomes worth the risk" 

This sequel is definitely one of its kind. There were several twist and turns that I did not see coming and several other hot steamy scenes that just straight out made me blush. Drew and Fable were broken in so many ways, but together, they came out stronger than ever. 

“Once upon a time, we were cynics facing the world alone. Our story changed into two warrior cynics facing the world together.
Now, we own the happily ever after and we refuse to let that bitch go.” 



Jensen Ackle's expression perfectly described my final feelings for the book! 

I somehow managed to not throw my book halfway across the room out of excitement, or pace a hole in my floor, instead I was filled with these deep, thoughtful and sweet thoughts that was extremely satisfying. 

Like a wonderfully written fable, I fell asleep with happy dreams. 

~ Just something random ~ 

This is how I envisioned Drew and Fable :P



Posted by, 

post signature

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Second Chance Boyfriend sounds really good, Natasha! I love reading books that make me feel! Great review :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you have the chance you should definitely give it a try! I hope you like the series as much as I do! :)

      Delete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Wishing you a dreamy day!