Review - Encore (Amplified #2) by Tara Kelly

by - Tuesday, December 06, 2016

32872456


Title: Encore (Amplified #2) 
Author: Tara Kelly
Genre: YA/NA, Contemporary Romance
Published: December 5th 2016
Publisher: Entangled Publishing


I lied my way into a band, humiliated them on stage, and got my heart broken by the bassist. Now…we’re on tour together.

Of course my dad, who I haven’t seen since he kicked me out, makes a surprise visit the day before we leave. Spoiler alert: It doesn’t go well. I have to quit the band and go to college or he’s cutting me out of his life for good.

This tour is the best opportunity we may ever have – and it’s already a disaster. We’re broke. We can't stop fighting. And being in such close quarters to Sean isn't exactly helping me get over him. Even though we're just friends now, every time our fingers brush or our eyes catch, my heart betrays me. He's the kind of distraction I can't afford to have right now…no matter how much I wish things were different.

This is one road trip that will be hard to forget…


I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of Encore by Tara Kelly courtesy of Entangled Publishing and the author! You guys are amazing <3 

I embrace "diversity" in a book and Encore is the perfect representation of why books continue to surprise me in the most pleasant ways. I've never read the first book of the series but that did not stop me from getting to know the characters on an emotional level. I love the line up because they are so diverse and unique, their personality shines through their voice. To each their own! 

C-side is an amateur band on their path of gaining success and recognition. Touring beside Luna Temptation as an opening act, the readers get to witness about the band's journey and struggle through the eyes of the band members and primarily through the voice of Jasmine, the guitarist. 

I personally enjoyed this book because I always loved a rockstar romance, but what I get in return surpasses my expectation. The writing was realistic and engaging, I hardly could tear myself away from their story. The bashing and criticism, in my opinion, was the worst part of the book, but that just amplified the beauty of the plot. I just couldn't get enough of it. 

Tara Kelly has quickly risen up as one of my favorite authors for 2016, and I can't wait to read the rest of the series!

Posted by,
post signature

You May Also Like

0 comments

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Wishing you a dreamy day!