Follow Me Friday #16

by - Friday, March 09, 2012

Follow Me Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Check out their blogs and join in the weekly meme fun!



Q: Have you ever looked at book's cover and thought, This is going to horrible? But, was instead pleasantly surprised? Show us the cover and tell us about the book.




My first impression of the book.

Childish.

Truthfully, I was hesitant to read the book because of the cover, and the obviously-very-kiddish title. I remembered my last 'kiddish' book was Captain Underpants before I moved on to Teenager's Dreamland. Back to the cover, it looked something cut straight out of a fourth grader storybook, despite how thick it was. However, I should have known not to judge a book by it's cover, ever.

I was pleasantly surprised at how funny the story was, and how carefree and vibrant the characters were! I initially planned to just read  a few pages into the story, before I knew it, I was in too deep. I had the best laugh and best cries, until today I still remembered how the book had got me excited.

I.Love.It.

Thank you for stopping by my blog! Please leave your link and I'll be sure to check your post!

Have a great Friday!

Posted by,

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. Wow, the cover really does make the book seem childish LOL But since you say you really liked it... I think I'll have to check it out :)

    New follower~
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol - the happy face?! Have to agree with you, the cover does nothing for me. Glad you enjoyed the book anyway :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame you for thinking the book would be childish! Here is my FF

    http://juliababyjenreadingroom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover looks very bland and childlike, I wouldn't have thought it would be as good as you described.

    New Follower!

    Vikki @ V's Book Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard really good things about this book over on Goodreads and I've never noticed the cover. Agree that it does nothing for me.

    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Horrible cover frankly. Old follower :P

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Wishing you a dreamy day!