Blood Warrior ( The Alexa Montgomery Saga #1) - H.D. Gordon

by - Sunday, December 18, 2011


Blood Warrior - H.D. Gordon
Published in September 5, 2011



When her home is attacked by murderous vampires, 17-year-old Alexa is forced to leave her mother for dead in order to save her sister. She soon learns that she is the last known member of an elite race of supernatural Warriors, and is thrust into a world full of vampires and werewolves who all seem to regard her as some sort of savior. Meanwhile, Alexa battles a monster within herself that seeks to gain control; a monster that seeks blood. 

The hidden city she finds herself in appears perfect, but Alexa's instincts tell her that all is not right within its walls. When she is asked to attend a school of fighters, whose exams consist of gladiator-style competitions, she must decide who she can trust among the smiling faces. And, when she meets Kayden, a vampire she feels undeniably drawn to, she must decide if she can trust herself.



Enchanting and absorbing.

I was excited to read this book after I heard how much my friends loved it and got so psyched up at the mention of Blood Warrior, however when I was reading it myself, I was a bit let down because the chapters were too short and the story was not properly elaborated. But, I was assured that I would be at the edge of my seat when I reached the later chapters.

Boy, was I hysterical.

The turn of events was such a surprise and I had a few jaw dropping moments, though the chapters were still a bit too short, the writing got so much more better and I really praised the author for her creativity. I also loved her characters!

Alexa, the main character in the story was another tough protagonist that I know I will admire. (Note: She has a hot temper and a thick wall) I am always particularly picky in liking girl protagonists and I tend to dislike hot headed girls, but Alexa was an exception. I couldn't picture her without her sassiness. Although I am slightly annoyed by the fact that she loved two guys, Kayden and Jackson, (don't get me wrong, love triangles are my thing)  I was afraid that the story will turn too cliche from that point. I've read too many love triangles and was hoping that I would discover something new out of the usual.

Another character I came to adore is Kayden, so I guess I can say that I am on Team Kayden. Kayden is a perfect addition to the story, he has incredible fighting skills, unreadable expression and my favourite thing about him : maturity. Kayden was like Dimitri (Vampire Academy), mysterious, sexy, protective, and mature, this can be proved through his actions!

The entire story was fast paced and adrenaline junkie, and I think the author just created a new line of vampires! The fighting scenes were vivid it made me sweat, not to mention I had tears brimming in my eyes too.

Blood Warrior was amazing! I would recommend this to anyone who look for these criterias in a book:


  • Fast paced
  • Quick read
  • Thrilling fighting scenes
  • 'Blossoming' romance

Reviewed by,

You May Also Like

0 comments

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Wishing you a dreamy day!