Follow Me Friday #23

by - Friday, February 08, 2013

Follow Me Friday is a weekly meme organized by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee! Check out their blogs and join in the weekly meme fun!

Q: Happy Mardi Gras! If they were throwing the HOTTEST books off of a Mardi Gras float -- what would you do to have them throw to you…?



Before that, my definition of HOT is Romance that makes us Swoon!

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire wins hands down!


Of many contemporary romance stories that I have come across, none has left that much imprint in my mind apart from Beautiful Disaster, this is definitely a book that I would die for !


INTENSE. DANGEROUS. ADDICTIVE.

Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.



“You know why I want you? I didn’t know I was lost until you found me. I didn’t know what alone was until the first night I spent without you in my bed. You’re the one thing I’ve got right. You’re what I’ve been waiting for, Pigeon.” 
---Travis Maddox 








"He was afraid of nothing. Until he'd met me.” 
----Abby Abernathy 







Oh yeah..I got a bit excited ...

Hmm..to answer the question...I would definitely leap onto the floats and beg them to have the books tossed at me! Probably add some sick, ridiculous moves to that and prepare to strangle them if they don't start handing books over to me. Okay, I admit, I have a history of violence when it comes to books (my brother loves to threaten me by holding my books hostage!)

 Happy Friday guys!

Posted by,

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. Hey, violence can be effective. Sometimes. :D Old follower. My FFs are at LKHill or Musings on Fantasia. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, if it was a book I really really wanted (which after seeing you describe that one, I kinda want it!) I would definitely make sure to get their attention! Great answer :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to read that book!! I love your blog especially your review policy :)))

    New Follower! My FF: http://reviewingromance.blogspot.com/

    Happy Friday :) Looking forward to your posts!

    *Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. Nice answer.

    New follower via GFC

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely post!!!! And Beautiful distaster... *swoon*

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!
    New GFC follower

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Wishing you a dreamy day!