Review Blitz - The First Touch of Sunlight by Len Webster

by - Friday, December 01, 2017


Step out of the shadows and into the sunlight! Originally released in December, 2016, The First Touch of Sunlight by Len Webster is now ON SALE for the very first time!

Enjoy 25 days of sunlight on your favorite platform! 

ONE-CLICK NOW: 



Excerpt

“Meredith,” he breathed after he broke their kiss.

Sam slowly opened his eyes to see hers still closed, as if she were memorising every second of it. He took this opportunity to stare at her beauty. The way her lips curved into a blissful smile. The way the rain had soaked the baby hair on her hairline. The way her eyelids fluttered as drops of rain landed on her lashes. Everything about her was beautiful. Everything about her was sweet.

And everything about Meredith Driessen was meant to be for someone else.

“Yes?” she asked in a soft voice as her fingers squeezed his arm.

“Can I take you home yet?” The gentle nod she made was one he loved. “Thank you,”

he whispered then placed a chaste kiss on her lips. Sam held her hand and led her towards his Jeep.

The booming in his chest was proof that only Meredith made him feel such things. Not even Beth had. It only made Sam wince. He had treated Meredith poorly. But he had his reasons. It was because of this. The Meredith Effect. Now that he had it, he was scared to be without her lips or the sight of her.

Suddenly, Sam felt his arm being pulled.

“Wait,” she demanded.

“What’s wrong?”

Meredith raised her umbrella higher, to protect her from the rain. “You can’t just kiss me like that and then expect me to forget that I’m dispensable to you. You ignored me for two weeks, Sam.”

He tugged on her hand and brought her to his chest. The thump of their bodies colliding was welcomed and savoured. And once Meredith’s free hand was firmly on his chest, he wrapped his arms protectively around her back. He peeked down at her questioning blue eyes. “I know. I’m really sorry. My life isn’t what I had expected it to be like. I … I never thought you’d even look my way, Meredith. I’ve wanted to be yours since I was thirteen,” he revealed.

Her brows met as she pursed her lips at him. “Then what took you so long?”

“I’ll never be good enough for you. Not then and certainly not now.” The realisation caused a tight squeeze of his heart.

She gave him a sincere smile before she let the umbrella cover them both. “Don’t—”

His lips found her forehead, stopping her from continuing, terrified of what would roll off her tongue. “I want to make sure you love someone worth your time, Meredith.”

“Sam,” she breathed. “You’re worth all the time in the world. Every second, of every minute, of every day in a year.”

“Why me?” he asked unbelievably.

“Why not you?"

“Because I’m no one special.”

Meredith grasped his shirt between her fingers. “That’s why. You have no idea how special you are.”


My Review 

Rating: *5 Len Webster Stars!*

 

As always, Len Webster stories have a way of obliterating your heart, blast it into tiny bits & pieces, and leave you wondering how to glue it back together again after such an emotionally intense read. GOSH. I ached so much for Meredith, I SWEAR I've cried myself DRY. It was so painful to read, yet utterly, devastatingly and heartbreakingly beautiful.

Now, this book wasn't easy. I love Len's books but even I have to admit that it was a bit hard and confusing to get into the plot at first. It wasn't easy to get into the story, nor was it easy to love the characters, but you always find that Len's works will grow on you with time, just like how Sam and Meredith's story did. 

Sam isn't your typical prince charming with a tortured past, I may have to go to the extreme of calling him an a**hole for the way he has been treating Meredith despite his strong feelings for her - but I understood him & the choices he has to make. It wasn't perfect and we didn't have to like it, but it was his choices that made him into the man he is today, and true to the core, I find myself loving Sam with every chapter. 

The extent of Meredith's strength knows no bounds despite the frail & fragile front she has put up to protect herself with. In fact, I don't think she even realizes it herself. She was so understanding and forgiving - her empathy was her greatest strength. To see how life, how Sam, has kicked her down countless times was like seeing a wounded kitten being kicked to the curb. Yet, she still she fought hard for her happiness - it was absolutely inspiring. 

I thought the writing style was brilliant! Not only the story was told from dual perspectives, the timeline also alternates between the past (seven years ago) and the present, and we, the readers, had the chance to fully experience Sam and Meredith's whirlwind romance - from the first touch of sunlight..to the last. It was beautiful. 

However, just a little warning, the plot twist doesn't happen until over 90% (IKR?!) and it utterly crushed me. I'm talking about a full-on sobfest and ugly cry moment. I see what you did with that ending Len, you almost broke my heart! (not that it wasn't broken enough from the start...) 

This book was, for lack of a better word, enchanting. So much drama, angst, and raw emotions that made your heart pinch, but you just can't help but be pulled into the feeling. It was raw, painful, tragic...but so very real. AND OH SO VERY ADDICTING! 

I voluntarily read and reviewed a free copy of this book generously provided by LWoods PR and the author. Thank you so much for the reviewing opportunity!

About Len:

Len Webster is a romance-loving Melburnian with dreams of finding her version of ‘The One.’ But until that moment happens, she writes. Having just graduated with her BBusCom from Monash University, Len is now busy writing her next romance about how a boy met a girl, and how they fell completely and hopelessly in love. She is also not a certified explorer, but she’s working on it. 


Find Len online! 


AND FOR A LIMITED TIME, SUBSCRIBE TO LEN'S NEWSLETTER FOR A FREE BOOK ➤➤➤ http://eepurl.com/bJGWe5 

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS goes mobile - the original Battle Royale game is now available on your device!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MARVEL Strike Force Hack - GET Unlimited Gold and Orbs for you device Android or iOS !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Dead Rivals Online Generator Gems FREE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dead Island Survivors Hack - Unlimited Cash and Gems for you device iOS and Android.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Wishing you a dreamy day!