Review - Pop Rock by Charity Ferrell

by - Monday, January 23, 2017

32451798


Pop Rock 
by Charity Ferrell 
Publication date: October 17th 2016
Genres: New Adult, Romance


You’ve seen the headlines about him.
Knox Rivers is music’s out of control, all over TMZ, and under the impression that he’s God’s gift to the female population bad boy.

He steals hearts with his music and breaks them in the same night.
And I’m his new personal assistant.

I didn’t want to take the job, but my dad lost everything we had for not paying taxes, and I’m desperate. I have this under control, right? I’m the daughter of a rock legend and have been around these types of men my entire life – but with every passing mile I’ve finding myself more drawn to him.

I’m fighting to keep our relationship professional while he’s pushing to show me there’s more to him than what’s plastered all over the tabloids.

Desire starts triumphing my rationality. 
I’m throwing all of my rules out the window. 
I’ll deal with the repercussions when the gas tank runs dry.




I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book provided by Xpresso Book Tours and the author. Thank you for the reviewing opportunity!

I've always been fascinated with a celebrity's life, wanting to read about how they deal with the fame, fortune, and the rumors surrounding their every moves. Pop Rock gave me an insight to that life in the form of Knox Rivers, the pop star sensation everyone couldn't stop talking about.

To be honest, I rated this a solid 4 stars because of Knox. Not just because he has a look to rival Chris Hemsworth (and I really liked Chris), but because of his humble personality that really added a spark to the story. Despite the spotlight that he was constantly under, he remained yet a simple guy who valued his cheap guitar, his family and yearned for love without the complications of lies and deceit. Knox is surprisingly a very grounded person and overall a decent guy, definitely not the obknoxious kind (pun intended!). 

Libby Graves was born into the rock scene but she found herself struggling for money when her legendary rockstar dad was sent to jail. Desperate for money to pay for her college, she was hired by Thomas, her dad's good friend to become Knox's personal assistant. Stereotyping Knox Rivers was the worst decision she ever made, especially when Knox Rivers continuously proved her wrong with his sweet gestures and flirty demeanor.  

The sexual chemistry between Knox and Libby is beyond electrifying. Their banter was witty and cute and my heart melted at the romance. I thoroughly enjoyed the story and this is as good as a fun contemporary romance could get! 

The only reason why I did not give it a full five is because at times I find myself disagreeing with Libby's thoughts and my mind mentally screamed "give the guy a break!" wayyyy too many times, so that's the major minus point there. 

Overall a great read to satisfy your urge for a sexy, funny rockstar romance! 

Image result for swoon gif

Posted by, 
post signature

You May Also Like

0 comments

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Wishing you a dreamy day!