Review - Pucked Off by Helena Hunting

by - Friday, February 17, 2017

Displaying PUCKEDOFF_cover.jpg


PUCKED OFF 
Helena Hunting 
Publication Date: February 21st 2017
Genre: Contemporary Romance 



***A Standalone novel in The Pucked Series***

I’m NHL defenseman Lance Romero, AKA Lance “Romance."

I’m notorious for parties and excess. I have the most penalty minutes in the league. I get into the most fights. I take the most hits. I’m a player on and off the ice. I’m the one women with no inhibitions want.

Not because I like the notoriety, but because I don’t know how to be any other way.

I have secrets. Ones I shared with the wrong person, and she used them against me. Sometimes she still does. I should cut ties. But she makes it difficult, because she’s the kind of bad I deserve.

At least that’s what I believed until someone from my past gets caught up in my present. She’s all the good things in this world. She lights up my dark.

I shouldn’t want her.

But I do. 

I should leave her alone.

But I won’t. 


Displaying PUCKED OFF FIT HIM IN TEASER.jpg

           

5 Aye-some stars! 

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book provided by Social Butterfly and the author. How the heck do I get over Lance Romero?!!?!?! 

My guilty pleasure has always been sports romance, although I'm not really an athletic person in real life and have zero idea what a hat trick is, there's no stopping me from crushing hard on fictional hockey players with great abs and a playboy reputation. Lance Romero just knocked the socks off every single hockey players I've ever read. 

I mean, just look at the drool-worthy abs, I mean cover!

I can't even begin to describe how much I loved Pucked off and everything about Lance. I'm new to Hunting's works but her Pucked series has been the at the top of my contemporary TBR list for ages I literally squealed when the ARC arrived on my Kindle. I was at work. There were 3 more hours to go. Imagine having to control thyself from being fired by your boss for fangirling. 


What sounded like a funny, light-hearted read turned out to be unexpectedly deep and heartbreaking. I was blindsided by Lance and his twisted past, in love with the sweet and innocent Poppy, and my mind caught fire every SINGLE time they got together. My heart ached for the young Lance who had his childhood taken from him, leaving him in a dark place no one can ever reach, until Poppy. His thoughts about how undeserving of love he was made me cry every time and I am so happy that he found a woman that sees him for who he is. 

Aye has now become my new favorite word! 

"Let or want? 

DEFINITELY BOTH!

Buy Links:


Posted by, 

You May Also Like

0 comments

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Wishing you a dreamy day!