Halloween Reads - Top 5 Picks

Saturday, October 15, 2016


It's the time of the year again! Although I'm not really a huge fan of horror books/movies, I am oddly infatuated with gothic themed works (weird, I know). As an example, I scare easily when I watch horror movies like The Conjuring or Annabelle, but TV series including American Horror Story and Supernatural are my guilty pleasure. I also really like YA/NA horror! Probably because they aren't as scary :p 

In preparation for Halloween, here are my top 5 YA/NA picks for this year's Halloween Reads! 

#1 - The Dead Things Series by Martina McAtee

Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things (Dead Things, #1)29391251

#2 - The Darkest Power series by Kelley Armstrong

2800905The Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2)The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3)

#3 - Red Hill by Jamie McGuire

17457124

#4 - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2)

Chamber of Secrets deserves a special mention because I remembered totally freaking out when I was reading the book and watching the movie. With students turning into stones and Ginny's creepiness, it was too much for my young heart to handle at that time :P 

#5 - Shade series by Jeri Smith Ready

6648020Shift (Shade, #2)10552965

What are some of your favorite Halloween reads? Share with me in the comment below, I'd love to join in the spookfest! 

Posted by,
post signature

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Great picks! Which Harry Potter book had the giant spiders in it? I hate spiders and did not like that part. :)

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :P me too, my reaction is exactly the same as Ron when he saw Aragog, I did not like spiders too!

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed the Shade series, especially Zachary. The Goosebumps books are a good Halloween read for me. Great picks, Natasha! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning to reread the series this Halloween! Ahh, the classics are the best! :) Thanks for stopping by Jess!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I love reading them! :D