Feature and Follow #33

by - Saturday, January 10, 2015



Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Check out their blogs and join in the weekly meme fun!
Happy Friday!!

Such a fun question this week, well I actually collected a variety of things (other than books) including CD's, movies, bookmarks and jewelleries, but I thought of posting some "weird" collections I happen to have! 

Weird collection #1 - Red packets! Or as the Chinese calls it, angpau. 




Since I was young, I am in love with the designs on the red packets, they have such significant symbolism to the Chinese culture that I just have to have it! What I love about red packets are (aside from the money :P), they are made using different kind of materials including paper and cloth - I really love the cloth ones - Furthermore some designs on the red packets are detailed and colourful. I collect them every year :P 




Weird Collection #2 - Movie tickets



Hmm...I'm not sure whether I'm a waste hoarder or just an environmentalist, but I love collecting movie tickets. Since 2009, I have started collecting movie tickets because I thought by preserving the ticket I would be preserving the memory of the movie (childish I know :P) or the time I spent with my friends. I've kept the tickets from the first time I watched a movie in the cinema (It was Stardust!), to the first time I had a movie date, although the ink on some tickets had fade away :P 

What's your collections? 

Thanks for visiting and happy Friday! :) 

Posted by,

post signature

You May Also Like

21 comments

  1. Nice collections! I've tried here and there to collect my movie tickets with my husband, but I always end up losing them! Old follower :)

    Here's my F&F!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I lost some along the way, but I love to reminiscence on the movies I had watched. Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  2. You are the second person I've read who collects movie tickets! I have some old concert tickets, but no movies. Thanks for visiting and following. I'm following back via BL and Feedly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only been to one concert in my entire life (and that is a score I want to change :() Thanks for commenting back :)

      Delete
  3. I love the designs on the packets! Thank you for stopping by. :)
    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I love collecting them for their designs :) Thanks for commenting back!

      Delete
  4. The movie tickets are awesome! Thanks for stopping by, I am a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, that is an awesome and unique kind of collection that you have there. I never thought of collecting red packets. I love the whole idea of it and the Chinese symbols on them are gorgeous. *g* And I have a crazy amount of old movie stubs that I've saved as well, to keep in a small movie stub scrapbook! :)

    Happy Reading and Hopping Through! :)
    Suz @ A Soul Unsung

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea! :D I haven't thought of making a scrapbook. Thanks for stopping by I'm following back :)

      Delete
  6. Great collections! A friend of mine collects movie tickets. I would, but I always manage to lose mine!

    Old follower!
    Kristen @ One Chapter Ahead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I hope you will start your movie ticket collections someday! :)

      Delete
  7. The stickers were mostly about ponies and kittens, BUT my sister has a suitcase from Hight School Musical! She loves Vanessa Hudgens!
    I collect movie stickers too!
    Followed on GFC and Bloglovin ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I'm envious right now! :P I used to have most of the HSM merchandises. Those are the good old days.

      Thanks for following back :D

      Delete
  8. Another movie ticket collector! So jealous that you still have proper tickets. :)
    Regular blogloving follower and now through GFC xx

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once I went off to college, I also started collecting my movie tickets. They're all in a little drawer in a jewelry box, but I stopped keeping them a few years ago. I think it's a sweet sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! Sometimes when I'm bored I would take it out and arrange them chronologically. I guess there's a bit of OCD running inside of me :P Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. I love red packets too, but I like the money inside more xD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Natasha, I collect angpaus too! Though I would say it's less of a collection and more like I hoard them. I stuff the angpaus I get every year into a bag, meaning to sort them out but never getting around to it. Then another year comes and the same process is repeated. I have a bunch of them lying around the house and some of them, I haven't even removed the money from yet!

    I love that you collect movie tickets. :) I don't have such a big collection as you do but if I loved the movie, I'll keep the movie ticket of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, those red envelopes are gorgeous! I work at a bank and we are giving them out now for Chinese New Year, but they aren't as pretty as the ones you have! (:

    New follower via Bloglovin' and GFC! Love your blog!

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Wishing you a dreamy day!