Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles #3) - Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

by - Thursday, December 29, 2011

Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles #3) - Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Published : 18th October 2011

            


Some choices are difficult……others are deadly. 

Ethan Wate thought he was getting used to the strange, impossible events happening in Gatlin, his small Southern town. But strange and impossible have taken on new meanings. Locusts, heat, and storm ravage Gatlin as Ethan and Lena struggle to understand the impact of Lena’s Claiming. As time passes, one question becomes clear : What -- or who-- will need to be sacrificed to save Gatlin?

For Ethan, the chaos is a frightening but welcome distraction. He’s gradually losing pieces of himself - forgetting names, phone numbers, even memories. He doesn’t know why, and most day’s he’s too afraid to ask. 

Sometimes there isn’t just one answer or one choice. Sometimes there’s no going back. And this time there won’t be a happy ending. 

The gothic, mythical world of Casters in Gatlin County is strangely alluring and addictive, and Beautiful Chaos proved just how much more unique Casters could be.

Beautiful Creatures was my very first book after Twilight, and the very book that got me into exploring the enormous sea of books, therefore the Caster Chronicles held a significant meaning in my reader’s life. I remembered the bad days when I was frustrated because I couldn’t find a copy of Beautiful Creatures, but all the effort was worth it. The entire series was worth it!

Beautiful Creatures left me with a tingling feeling, Beautiful Darkness made me want to hurl rocks, let’s just say Beautiful Chaos was a bit of both, AND so much more. The Caster Chronicles have never let me down, the story was always intense, the writing was always so sophisticated and professional that reading the book always make me felt smarter. Beautiful Chaos made me feel like I just earned my phD!

“Gorgeously crafted, atmospheric and original” Melissa Marr couldn’t have described it better. If you think the previous books was epic, they pale in comparison to what Beautiful Chaos had in stores. After Lena’s Claiming, the ‘End of Days’ is near, things are changing, people are changing, both the Mortal and Casters world were changing, and unless a New Order is restored, the apocalypse will be the dawn of both man and Caster kind alike.

What I like about Beautiful Chaos:

There is always one thing similar in the books, they were all a bit hard to get into, but it really picked up later on. However, I have to say it was not that same for Beautiful Chaos. I was instantly pulled into the story, maybe it was nostalgia, or maybe it was just that good. I love a book with a good opening!

And how could I ignore the intensity of Ethan and Lena’s relationship? It never fails to amaze me how much Ethan and Lena loved each other. Love Before First sight as they liked to call it. I enjoyed reading through Ethan’s POV because that is as close as I get to be getting into a guy’s mind! Ha! And I praised for the originality of Kelting, an intimate common they shared. In a typical story,  a mortal girl fell in love with supernatural guy. In this series, Ethan was the mortal, and I liked reading how he dealt with his vulnerability and insecurities of having a Caster as a girlfriend.

The other thing that I love about the Beautiful Chaos is the originality. How Kami and Margaret created a whole new Gatlin amazes me, take a normal Southern town and turned it into the center point  of supernatural battles and happening. I loved the idea that the authors came up with, from the Book of Moons, to the Caster Chronicles, and Lunae Libri, they were inspiring, and the most profound part of all is the Shadowing Song.  When I was reading Beautiful Chaos, I was at loss because I failed at guessing. Every turn of page was unexpected and surprising, and I was good at predicting!


Besides that, the characters were so distinctive and unique they made the story whole. In the series, everyone is the main character, from philosophical and superstitious Amma to Linkubus aka Slinky-Dink, I couldn’t imagine a story without them. Each of them holds a piece of the puzzle in this labyrinth of mystery.

But apart from that, I loved Beautiful Chaos because it was such a turn of events it made me jaw-drop and gave me goosebumps. I even remembered crying over some insignificant part in the story. It was such a roller coaster ride. Beautiful Chaos was a huge CHANGE from what I read previously in Beautiful Creatures and Beautiful Darkness, it was much more mature, much more intense, much more adrenaline junkie and much more bigger.

In Beautiful Chaos, some secrets are unraveled, and some mysteries are solved, but it all comes down to one choice, a choice that could save and destroy all….

Reviewed by,




You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. why did Ethan have to die!!!!!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I really enjoyed about this book is the switch in main-character focus. Although the entire series in one way or another revolves around Lena and the trouble her prophecy causes, Beautiful Chaos let her take a backseat in order to allow Ethan, his time to shine. Ethan's progression as been nothing short of amazing. I truly believe that he is the heart and soul of the entire series and the steady rock that supports many of the characters. He is truly the story's parfit gentil knight, true, chivalrousness, and well-mannered. Time after time, Ethan risks his own well-being to protect the ones he loves. Although he was recognized as the Wayward in the last novel, he learns in Beautiful Chaos that he has a destiny even greater than ever imagined. Beautiful Chaos is all about his own discovery, learning who he truly is, and what he's not only capable of, but also expected to do in the grand scheme of things.

    Ethan isn't the only shining character in Beautiful Chaos, other's such as Amma, Link, and John Breed breakthrough as well. Amma, the closest motherly-figure Ethan has ever had, begins to struggles with inner and outer demons (literally), this time around. Throughout the book she holds a secret that pertains to a terrible future event, which she desperately tries to change, although she deep down knows must occur. This journey leads her into the darkest places she's ever been not only physically but emotionally.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Wishing you a dreamy day!