Silence (Hush Hush #3) - Becca Fitzpatrick

by - Monday, December 26, 2011


Silence (Hush Hush #3) - Becca Fitzpatrick
Published :  October 4th, 2011





The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.


Before I start my review, YAY! I finally read Silence after months of waiting! And I got the hardcover edition for a paperback price, what a steal!

Having forgotten what happened at the end of Crescendo, I was blindly entering Silence, but somehow I was glad of that because I got to reconnect with the characters and get to know them all over again. And the most prominent character that left me with such a profound impression was Nora.

In the previous books, I was all Patch-y, Patchtastic, eye-Patch etc, and I mostly paid attention to the romance more than the fighting scenes (can't help it, I'm a softy for romance), however in Silence, I would describe it as more 'political' (angel politics) and much more intense, the writing was different from what I remembered from the previous books and it was just plain amazing. The writing became much more mature, probably because I was seeing a whole new side of Nora.

In Silence, Nora was different person, after waking up in a cemetery after weeks of being missing and have no memory of the past five months of her life, she was stuggling to make sense of what have happened and tried to go back to her normal life. To be honest, I like Silence Nora, she was much more curious and determined enough to search for answers to reassemble the missing pieces of her memory, and she was rebellious, something surprising in Nora. Nora was indeed a bit whiny in Silence, but it was also surprising to me that it did not get on my nerves. I was excited to be reading through Nora's POV because everything was back to zero basis and I was relearning the facts of angels.

I am a huge Patch fan, but Silence also inroduced me to a character that I never thought I will get to know. Jev. Patch was an angel jock, but Jev was a matured, surpressed man. He was Still-Hot and All-Business, not Patch at all, but somehow I detected an edge to his character, he was a man of loss, and this was the first time that I've seen Patch/Jev seemed so vulnerable. In other words, I fell in love with Patch's alternate soft side, Jev.

There was more mystery in viciousness in Silence and it was definitely much more action packed. Praises for the writing!

However, I rated it four stars because I wished there was more romance in it,the romance was still very intense, but I find it lacking. That's just me, I couldn't live without the romance, as for the plot, I have no complains, I love Silence. Period.

Reviewed by,














PS. Also a huge Patch / Hush Hush fan.... 

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. You know, I started reading it, but couldn't get past the first chapter... If felt kind of overdone somehow. Patch seemed too soft, too ready give up his newly acquired grace for a girl, and honestly - I don't see why an angel would do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I fell in love with Patch, but at the same time I also fell in love with Jev:)

    But it was a bit 'disorientating' for me when I was reading the first few chapters, I forgotten what happened in Crescendo, haha!

    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silence was not exactly what i expected but it was still pretty good. i just dislike how patch ignored nora at first instead of explaining everything to her! i got frustrated at patch for this. but the rest was very well written except it ends in a sort of cliffhanger at the end but i hear there's going to be a fourth book because becca fitzpatrick wanted to write more. so cant wait for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Italia

    Yeah, that's what I heard too:) I heard she's going to write 5 books altogether, yea!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Wishing you a dreamy day!